THE IMAGE YOU MISSED
Subjects & Collections
Festivals & Awards
* Grand Jury Prize of Avant-Garde & Genre Competition (BAFICI)
* Prize for Best Original Music + Special Mention in French Competition (Cinéma du Réel)
* First Prize in International Competition (Filmmaker Fest)
* First Prize in International Competition (Transcinema Festival)
* First Prize in International Competition (Muestra de Cine de Lanzarote)
* First Look Award (Athens Avant-Garde Film Festival)
* "Portraits" Grand Jury Prize (DocsMX)
* Special Mention in International Competition (L'Alternativa)
“An intriguing documentary... that takes a sidelong look at the Troubles.”
—Ben Konigsberg,The New York Times
“A moving and thoughtful first-person essay film … No longer beholden to his elder’s legacy, Foreman seems poised to carve out one of his own.”
— Jordan Cronk, Film Comment
Foreman grapples with MacCaigs true-believer propaganda with a more nuanced approach, yielding a dichotomy of great relevance to todays video essay makers: those 'able to reach conclusions' and those 'always concerned with what gets left out.'
Kevin B. Lee, Sight & Sound
Further Reading“Reality Isn’t Given — You Have to Take It”: Writer/Director Donal Foreman on His Fictional Memoir, The Image You Missed - Filmmaker Magazine
DAUGHTERS OF THE TROUBLES: BELFAST STORIES
This documentary offers first-person accounts of the lives of two working-class Belfast women told against the violent history of the last twenty-five years in Northern Ireland.
OUT OF THE ASHES: NORTHERN IRELAND'S FRAGILE PEACE
Part of a series of documentaries on conflict resolution in the world's trouble spots, offers personal and historical views of the unrest in Northern Ireland from the mid-Sixties to the present day.
TO LIVE FOR IRELAND
Examines the political turmoil and sectarian violence that has racked Northern Ireland for the last twenty years by profiling the efforts of the Social Democrat and Labor Party (SDLP) to achieve peace in Northern Ireland through nonviolent means.